After watching the first part of the video today in class a lot of new ideas are springing into my head. The first of which is a "noble" journey and what both Chris and Timothy consider to be "noble". Obviously they both think that their "journey"/cause is a noble one but why? Is it because they believe that the end of their endeavor the result will be a drastic change in themselves or society? Obviously they think that the things for which they are searching are worth their time; who are we to condemn them for their beliefs and practices? Who are we as a society to force our beliefs onto them by telling them that what they are doing is stupid or crazy? I think that one of the things we should take from this is the idea of the point at which society becomes an entity that forces its beliefs upon others? Who are we as a society to say what is acceptable as happiness? Obviously both Chris and Timothy were happy and knew what they wanted out of life which begs the question, what is and who is truly happy? The question I think we need to ask ourselves is, what is my goal in life and how do I achieve it? I don't think that most people know what makes them happy or what their goal in life is which leaves them very empty. Due mostly to my youth I do not yet know what my goal in life is and I don't know what will make me happy but until I figure it out I plan on working towards the understanding of my ultimate goal and the achievement thereafter. Below is a link to the Grizzly People website. This website is timothy's legacy and what he worked to support. Can you think of any other people that work towards a goal so vehemently?
http://www.grizzlypeople.com/home.php
No comments:
Post a Comment